ABB Canada – Site Visit
Would you like to take part in the ABB site visit on Thursday, May 17 from 14:15 – 16:30? Sign Me Up!
CASI is delighted to offer our ASTRO’18 delegates the opportunity to get an insider perspective on ABB Canada’s Measurement and Analytics business unit’s unique high-tech facility located in the Espace d’innovation Michelet, a next-generation technological park in Québec City.
This 85,000-square-foot new facility boasts some impressive features such as:
- Cleanroom space (2,800 sq. ft.) composed of 8 individual rooms and external service hall to double simultaneous integration capacity
- Laboratory space (40% larger) for R&D and contract engineering with dedicated optical (2x) and ESD critical electronic (2x) rooms
- A large TVAC (1.5 meter inside diameter) adapted for large payloads such as the PCW Meteorological Imager
- Metrology room with anti-vibration floating slab and micro-vibration tests setup.
- 28 feet height high bay production floor for integration and test of large equipment (ex. astronomy instruments)
Aligning with ABB’s commitment to sustainable development, the building is LEED-certified including terminals for recharging electric cars, and modern office space providing ample outside view for all employee and multiple brainstorm and collaboration “on the go” rooms.
Please visit the ABB SPACE AND DEFENSE for more information.